I have been thinking about ways to serve people and how I can be more selfless lately. When I was in college, I always thought I had to work after graduation because I had been given much and I must give. The church has sponsored a large part of my (also other students’) tuition and I must do something to serve or work so that I am not wasting people’s tithing money…
I guess one things I can do is to use my talents and skills to serve. I haven’t really figured out my talents yet, but I have acquired some PR skills from my education. I hope I can do something good with it! This is one of my long-term goals in life… Hopefully I will be able to achieve it!
Back to the blog title “My 5 favorite uplifting songs that bring tears.” All I want to say is “thank you” to the amazing composers of the following songs… They have definitely used their talents to do good. These songs have touched my heart and brought tears. One day, one day I will be able to do good with my talents 🙂 Share with you my five favorite uplifting songs.
- Nearer My God to Thee (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gosY-UrpHcA)
- My Kindness Shall Not Depart From Thee (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zq-KhxsUxNo)
– Love this! We sang it in the Asian Ward’s choir… It was so touching.
- Rainbow Connection – Jason Mraz (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggdoi0rgSjI)
- Somewhere only we know – Lily Allen (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mer6X7nOY_o)
– OK, this may not be as uplifting as the other ones… But this is a very very beautiful song I love, especially this version. It touched my heart.
- Raindrops Keep Fallin’ On My Head – Joanna Wang (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3s_tvnl3teU)
– This song may not bring tears, but it is definitely uplifting! Although life is not easy, there’s always good things happening. There are things we can’t change but we can change our attitude. Let’s be happy!
What are your favorite songs? Or, what are some talents and skills you can share? I believe we can all make the world a better place 🙂