I always wanted to make some smoothie/ Taiwanese boba drinks at home, so Felix got me a blender when Kohl’s was offering a rebate on blenders. (so basically it’s free haha)
I looked up on smoothie recipes, and found they all require a lot of different ingredients!! I didn’t want to spend a lot on money on them (because I am very cheap and poor), so I decided I would just get a bag of frozen mixed fruits, and a box of Breyer’s strawberry ice cream because it was on sale. Also a banana. One thing to note is that we didn’t have ice cube tray… I was a bit worried but it turned out great.
Our blender is just the lowest quality type in the store. I spent 15 minutes to blend all the ingredients because the blades and motor were not the best obviously… I would suggest defrost the fruits a little bit before blending. Some people said it died after the first use. Now we have used it four or five times and it is still working. We will see…
Dole Frozen Mixed Fruit Smoothie
1/4 Bag of Dole Wildly Nutritious Signature Blends Mixed Fruit (1LB)
( Strawberry, Peach, Pineapple and Mango)
2 Scoops of Breyer’s Strawberry Ice cream
1 Banana (Optional)
- Defrost the frozen fruits. (For cheap blenders)
- Cut the fruits into small pieces.
- Blend the fruits. (Smoothie mode + High speed)
- You may want to use a chopstick (or fork if you are not as Asian as we are) to stir the fruits when they got stuck.
- Take out the pineapples if you want it sweeter/ less sour.